The following FOI request was sent to NHS England on 22 December 2015. It is reformatted, slightly redacted for brevity and contains a minor change to the return email address for consistency with this web site.
Questions 1 – 3 are posed because there are several organisations at the same address. Will publish response in due course.
“To: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
Subject: Freedom of Information
I refer to the recent meeting between Oxfordshire Council and NHS England at Jubilee House and the photographs allegedly taken of peaceful supporters of Dr Sarah Ryan. Please see:
I assume that this is the Jubilee House at 5510 John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2LH – one of your area offices.
Pursuant to The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended), please disclose the following information.
1. Is this the correct location?
2. If not, where did the meeting take place?
3. What organisation arranged the surveillance?
4. Who specifically (by name or job title) authorised the surveillance?
5. Who is Data Controller of the images?
6. Who owns copyright to the images?
7. What was the purpose of photographing the supporters? Clearly, it was not to prevent a breach of the peace and, had there been serious issues of trespass, the police should have been called.
8. Have the photographs been destroyed?
9. Has the photographer retained copies of the images?
10. Have the photographs been shared by the Data Controller with any other organisations?
11. Other that the photography, were any other means of surveillance being used?
This information is requested because:
i) It is the public interest to know when (and for what purpose) the NHS is carrying out surveillance when there is no obvious reason to do so.
ii) The data subjects (i.e. those appearing in the images) are entitled to know who is Data Controller.
This application being made outwith normal working hours, I look forward to hearing from you by the 20th working day from tomorrow’s date, 23rd December 2015.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please note that the email address to be published is:
Mob: (+44) 7729 662394″